Take the first steps to turn your idea into a profitable business. If you have a business idea and need help getting started, the Business Design Series is for you!
In the Business Design Series participants are introduced to key aspects of designing and building a business so they can develop a workable action plan that will become the foundational piece for meeting with an SBDC Advisor. We begin with a self-assessment to help determine an entrepreneur’s level of comfort and competence in 20 critical business focus areas. Instructions, in-class activities, articles and worksheets will provide students with tools to address the 4 basic challenge areas to every business: an attractive Business Concept, strong Organizational Structure, lasting Customer Relations and profitable Business Operations.
This class meets once a week for 2 hours. In 4 weeks students will be able to:
• Use the GrowthWheel to assess their readiness to start a business
• Select a business entity and start a business
• Utilize the Customer Relationship Arc model to design a successful business
• Clarify an idea to determine the viability of the business
• Identify key customers and develop a Customer Persona
• Design a revenue model to meet the needs of key customers
• Create an effective Elevator Pitch
• Explore 21.5 questions every business owner must answer before starting a business
• Determine to start up costs and create a basic budget
• Create an action plan with key milestones
• Answer the question "Do I need a traditional business plan?"
At the end of this course, entrepreneurs will have a workable Action Plan for taking the next steps in building a successful and profitable business.