Our team of advisers understands the spirit of living and doing business in Central Oregon. Whether you enjoy savoring local craft beer or appreciating the beauty of the high desert on a rural ranch, we are all here for a reason. Life here is different and so is how we do business. Let our team of experienced advisors help in your success.
- Ken Betschart is the former Director of Operations at Genentech’s Hillsboro Technical Operations facility where he oversaw Supply Chain, Operational Excellence, and Learning Organizations. He was one of the first employees hired at Genentech, Inc. after it decided to establish an Oregon manufacturing site in 2007. Previously, Ken was the Head of Finance for Roche Pharmaceuticals six global drug substance manufacturing operations.
- Sue has a passion for helping small businesses be the best they can be. She has served as a small business consultant since 1999 and currently co-operates two successful small businesses with her husband Steve, in Redmond, OR.
- José has owned restaurants for more than 20 years and often works with clients who want to start food-related businesses. He also serves as the SBDC's Veteran liaison, drawing from his own experience in the U.S. Army. Born in Mexico City, José knew by the age of 16 that he had a passion for computer programming and design, so he attended a technical school where he learned the ‘first era of computers.’ José came to the United States at the age of 18 and graduated from Hermiston High School. He later enlisted in the Army and was awarded the Distinguished Honor Graduate Award, several Certificates of Achievement, the Military Excellence Award and the Army Achievement Medal. José went on to own several businesses and raise his two children in Central Oregon. His longest business was a successful Mexican restaurant that he owned and operated in Bend for more than 17 years.
- Dave is a retired Senior Finance Leader from Boeing Commercial Airplane Company with over 34 years of experience. He has led program financial planning and analysis, investments in capital and tooling, investor relations and estimating and pricing strategies. Dave has developed long-range business plans and is also adept at lean manufacturing and process improvement activities.
- Born in Seattle and raised in the South, Keith Sherrill has a genuine love for the Pacific Northwest that was established at birth. Like the salmon, he has returned! Keith served most of his adult life in the US Army, quickly rising in the ranks within the elite 75th Ranger Regiment and 160th SOAR.
- Maureen is a long-time 'lead adviser' at the SBDC. In addition to advising her clients, she teaches classes on “How to Start a Business,” “Launching a Successful Business” and “Pricing for Products & Services.” She has a strong background in banking and finance and spent seven years working at an investment bank on Wall Street in NYC. She is considered an expert in business finance and the lending process. Maureen has also worked as a successful realtor learning about contracts, negotiations and marketing. She and a partner owned and operated a retail and commercial bakery and café in downtown Bend for eight years. Maureen brings wide experience and knowledge to assist small business owners in Central Oregon and to help others start and grow their businesses.