Our team of advisers understands the spirit of living and doing business in Central Oregon. Whether you enjoy savoring local craft beer or appreciating the beauty of the high desert on a rural ranch, we are all here for a reason. Life here is different and so is how we do business. Let our team of experienced advisors help in your success.
- Ken Betschart is the former Director of Operations at Genentech’s Hillsboro Technical Operations facility where he oversaw Supply Chain, Operational Excellence, and Learning Organizations. He was one of the first employees hired at Genentech, Inc. after it decided to establish an Oregon manufacturing site in
- José has owned restaurants for more than 20 years and often works with clients who want to start food-related businesses. He also serves as the SBDC's Veteran liaison, drawing from his own experience in the U.S. Army. Born in Mexico City, José knew by the
- Chad has spent his career working and consulting in the public, private and nonprofit sectors in organizational development and marketing and branding. Chad's strength in financial analysis comes from starting, owning and operating a mortgage company for many years. In addition to being a business
- Patti has a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of California at Santa Cruz and an MBA from Santa Clara University. She teaches classes for the COCC Business Department and has her own consulting business. In addition to working with the SBDC over
- Maureen is a long-time 'lead adviser' at the SBDC. In addition to advising her clients, she teaches classes on “How to Start a Business,” “Launching a Successful Business” and “Pricing for Products & Services.” She has a strong background in banking and finance and spent
- Our lead SCALE Oregon adviser, Pam Stevenson, has helped companies launch new products and entrepreneurs launch new companies for years. She has a science and engineering background, with a BS in Chemistry from Duke, an MS in Mechanical Engineering from Stanford and an MBA from
- Jim has more than 20 years of experience working with businesses. His background in management, business ownership and human resources, along with a MBA from Portland State University, make him highly suited to support the variety of challenges that a small business owner encounters every