Each of our advisers and instructors are either current or former business owners. This is by design so that we can model the task and challenge of entrepreneurship and relate to those we serve.
- Valerie is a dedicated community advocate. She has experience working in the private and public sector in the areas of event planning, program development, logistics, banking, legal administration, loan processing, workforce development, career technical education, fundraising, marketing, and recruiting.
- Sarah offers friendly business advice centered around online sales process improvement. She is known for helping businesses in and around Salem Oregon with their online presence.
- Silvia's work experience has been centered around helping people. She started by assisting the elderly with their daily lives at Providence Benedictine Nursing Center. Later, she became a substitute for the Salem-Keizer School District.
- Tatyana provides support to the small business community through the coordination of training and advising. She assists with day-to-day operations of the Center, provides administrative support to SBDC staff, and coordinates development, scheduling and continued improvement of SBDC training events.
- DeAnna started her own Interpreting business after working as a volunteer assisting limited English speaking Community members maneuver their way through different life challenges. Although, she had to business administrative experience, she knew how to network and find answers.
- Brandon has a Masters in Organizational Behavior and Evaluation from Claremont Graduate University and is a Senior Certified Professional from the Society for Human Resources Management.
- Angie has owned and operated a retail store in Downtown Salem for 12 years. Her background includes an Air Force career as well as a career in banking, specifically focused in business banking prior to buying her store.
- Jim's focus is on getting small businesses up and running. Starting with business plans and moving through marketing and QuickBooks, Jim will get you off on the right foot. Jim has many years of personal experience as an entrepreneur. He owns several companies which he
- Joanne is an expert adviser, with a particular focus on start-up issues, assisting business owners in the development of business plans, financial advising, capital access, and coaching for established businesses.