Each of our advisers and instructors are either current or former business owners. This is by design so that we can model the task and challenge of entrepreneurship and relate to those we serve.
- Celia is a dynamic, experienced leader. She has experience working in the private and public sector in the areas of project management, financial administration and leadership skills. She is a multi-faceted leader with 30-plus years of experience in entrepreneurship and business ownership, as a training
- Linda holds a Master's Degree in Educational Leadership and has over 30 years’ experience in higher education. In addition to her work with the SBDC, she is the Founder and CEO of a small business consulting firm. Her focus is helping Latinx small business start-ups,
- Jennifer loves to work with enthusiastic and committed business owners because she can help them thrive. When they grasp how to distinguish what makes them the best choice over the competitors, it’s like turning on the light! Then they can market more effectively, reach more
- Don’s primary background is in accounting and finance. He had a CPA tax and bookkeeping practice for several years. As a community college instructor, he taught classes in economics, accounting, financial reporting, human resources, and banking. He currently teaches QuickBooks, financial, and systems classes to
- Angie has owned and operated a retail store in Downtown Salem for 12 years. Her background includes an Air Force career as well as a career in banking, specifically focused in business banking prior to buying her store.
- Jim's focus is on getting small businesses up and running. Starting with business plans and moving through marketing and QuickBooks, Jim will get you off on the right foot. Jim has many years of personal experience as an entrepreneur. He owns several companies which he
- Joanne is an expert adviser, with a particular focus on start-up issues, assisting business owners in the development of business plans, financial advising, capital access, and coaching for established businesses.