Welcome to the Clatsop Small Business Development Center at Clatsop Community College. Our expert team of business advisors and instructors are here to help your business thrive.
Our services include:
- Business counseling: get paired with a professional business advisor for free, confidential business counseling
- Education & Workshops: take advantage of a wide range of affordable classes designed to keep your skills sharp. Check out our current in-person, on-demand and digital workshop offerings here.
- Small Business Management Program: This 9-month ‘executive education’ styled program is designed to give current business owners (1 year +) an exceptional educational opportunity to take their entrepreneurial skills to the next level.
- Weekly Small Biz Newsletter: Helps business owners up to speed on the latest small business news and information. Sign up today!
- Specialty/ Advanced Services: for larger, established businesses we offer strategic planning services such as annual business planning support, staff retreat facilitation, marketing planning & customer journey mapping facilitation =
Let us help you as you navigate:
- Developing a business plan
- Forming a business
- Helping you navigate applying for a small business loan
- Exploring grants and other funding options
- Understanding your business finances
- Developing systems for bookkeeping & record keeping
- Improving your leadership & management skills
- Hiring & managing employees
- Exit & succession planning
- Budgeting & cash flow planning
- Marketing & sales plan development
- Choosing the right location & navigating lease negotiations
- Technology & Point of Sale (POS) selection
- Risk management & insurance, and much more!
Our staff is available to meet with you at one of our two locations at the Seaside or Astoria campuses, virtually via Zoom or on the phone. To request a no-cost business advising appointment or to learn more, please click here or call us at 503-338-2402.
Director, Clatsop SBDC
Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 6 in /home/customer/www/oregonsbdc.org/public_html/wp-content/plugins/testimonials-widget/includes/libraries/aihrus-framework/includes/class-aihrus-settings.php on line 806
The SBDC helped me articulate my vision in very specific terms. They set me up with a bank who was eager to lend to someone like me.
My lifelong dream came true because of the SBDC’s help and support.
They’ve almost been more like family than anything. They’ve just been an amazing support system.
With the online store, we can expand our product’s accessibility to customers throughout the Pacific Northwest.
So many of the basic skills you believe you should come into a business with I did not have, like basic accounting and marketing. I learned those things during those monthly SBDC classes.
It was really worth it!
I couldn’t imagine ever running a business without the SBDC classes, and nor would I. You can always learn more. The SBDC provides confidence, the ability to ask questions and help with the stress. I cannot say enough about the Chemeketa SBDC.
The SBDC is not a one and done organization. My adviser stays in contact with me and is there when I need him. The value of the SBDC to our business community cannot be overstated.
For anyone who is thinking about starting a business, the first place I’d go to is the SBDC. They’ll be able to find an adviser who can go over the details of what you’d like to do.
I was hoping for the financial knowledge, and I got so much more out of it. The course covered all the basis of owning and operating a small business from systems implementation, marketing, management of employees and the financial piece I was originally looking for.
Find a class near
From our intensive Small Business Management Program cohort-based classes to workshops on new laws, HR and emerging marketing trends, we have the classes you need to help start and grow your business. It all starts by connecting with your local center.