Our team of advisers loves living and working in the unparalleled beauty of the North Coast. We each bring diverse and extensive professional backgrounds and experiences to offer our SBDC clients a “one-stop” approach to business success. We also leverage our statewide network of centers for additional expertise, if needed.
Let our experienced team of advisers help in your success.
- Kevin has extensive experience in retail, having served 18 years as a senior executive at a national chain with more than 75 stores, as a retail store owner and partner in a national franchise.
- Lead Adviser Jessica has more than twenty years of business experience that, when combined with her BS in Business Administration from the University of Colorado, make her uniquely suited to supporting the challenges small business owners encounter every day. Her coaching approach is drawn from
- Office Manager Tammy says, "Lifelong learning comes in many forms, and education enables clients to become more fully empowered, which will strengthen them, their business and ultimately our economy. That’s what I call a win-win!"
- Following a 20-year career in Portland with Sport Oregon, Meyer returned to Clatsop County and joined the SBDC as an Adviser. He grew up in Knappa and has a passion for supporting those who are working to build successful businesses – and by extension, build
- Hermenegildo Ochoa has an extensive background in the Business Services industry in Mexico. He spent many years as the owner of an insurance agency and banking and finance, specializing in Capital Access and Financial Reports. He has an extensive background in business, including teaching financial
- Rocío moved to Portland, Oregon in 1993 after graduating from college with a bachelor’s degree in Communications from Universidad del Noroeste in Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico. She has worked as a translator and interpreter for the last 25 years. Rocío and her husband developed a property
- Jim moved to Oregon in 2017 and found his way to the Oregon Coast in early 2021 to join the SBDC as their marketing specialist. He was born and raised in New Jersey (don't ask him his opinion on pizza) and has a strong background
- Eric spent over 40 years around the Portland restaurant scene, starting as a server with McCormick & Schmick’s while completing his BS degree at PSU, then becoming director of their retail products division. He co-founded Hot Lips Pizza in 1985, also working as a consultant
- Ian has held positions both as an intrapreneur and entrepreneur in various industries. For over a decade, he worked closely with small, medium and larger enterprises both in economic development counseling and guiding entrepreneurs to launch, grow, and transfer their business, and as co-founder of