Our advisers understand the pace and diverse nature of building business in the Portland Metropolitan area. Whether taking in a show downtown, a hike through Forest Park or holding a meeting at a local craft brew pub, we appreciate the bustling city in various ways. This exciting and unique part of the state is a great place to do business. Let our local team of experienced advisers help in your success.
- Tammy Marquez-Oldham brings 30 years of experience in the education, healthcare, software and food industries to the clients she serves in her capacity at Portland Community College. She has owned several businesses and hired, trained and developed hundreds of employees. She has experience building business
- Kim has an extensive background in sales, sales management, sales training and marketing. Her experience also includes entrepreneurship and startup business development across several sectors. For Kim, business acumen is a calling, social enterprise is a passion. She loves to help businesses and founders because
- Jackie is a CPA, coach, author and consultant who has been an instructor and strategic advisor at the SBDC for over 16 years. Jackie developed the Encore and Solo Business Builders program, as well as the Encore Concept Development program, to help those over 50
- Warren is an International Trade Business Adviser with OSBDCN Global Trade Center. He has an MBA from the University of Puget Sound with an emphasis on international marketing and finance. He spent 25 years in the financial services industry which included managing a representative office
- Jill grew up in the Napa Valley and worked many different jobs in the wine industry. from the vineyards to the wine lab to sales. She has a B.S. and M.S. in Agricultural Business from Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo. She previously worked as a
- Noah Brockman leads the Oregon SBDC Network's Capital Access Team (CAT), the group that provides strategic business advising to SBDC clients statewide on access to capital, business planning and financial analysis. Noah has worked with the Portland Community College SBDC since 2008, where he facilitates
- Mr. Goddin was the Director of the Oregon office of the U.S. Commercial Service from 1997-2018. In this role, Scott counselled hundreds of businesses in sectors ranging from aviation and high tech to power generation and higher education on export business development. He also worked
- Sean brings together the existential needs and the business challenges of the 21st century. His unique blend of training and experience are from two seemingly different worlds: divinity and business. As a pastor, he walked with people through life’s spiritual events. Returning to school after
- Since 2011, Leslie has coached and taught business owners on increasing their sales and profitability. She led the growth of the Retail Small Business Management program which has expanded into Retail Business Builders and Restaurant Business Builders. Over the past three years alumni of the
- Yevette was born and raised in Juneau, Alaska. She came to Oregon to attend Oregon State University. After leaving college she worked in retail management for several years before joining the SBDC team as a data entry assistant in 1992. Yevette currently serves as Portland
- Mike Kelsay is a teacher, consultant, and experienced business manager. He grew up in an entrepreneurial family that had 82 acres of Christmas trees, three retail stores, and numerous rental properties.
- David W. Kohl is the Global Trade Liaison for the OSBDCN Global Trade Center. He is a Department of Commerce certified international trade adviser with a mission to identify and realize global opportunities for individuals and organizations. David has specialty expertise in cross-cultural relations and
- Hannah grew up amongst the trees in Portland, Oregon. In college, she studied food systems and worked on an organic CSA farm. Returning home, she served on the Food Policy Council, while also experiencing the power of business to make immediate impact. She co-founded Better
- Terry leads the Small Business Builders series. He is an instructor for Understanding Your Financial Statements, Inventory Management I & II, and Building a Budget. He assists small business owners with strategic planning. He is also a member of the Capital Access Team. Terry has
- Bruce Melzer is a Strategic Advisor with Oregon SBDC Network’s Capital Access Team. He specializes in helping small businesses owners with business planning, finance strategy development and accessing debt and equity funding.
- Oscar’s experience with small business lending began when he was a senior credit officer with a credit enhancement agency. He quickly became a commercial portfolio manager for a well-respected community bank, and then ventured, and succeeded, as a small business lender and team leader for
- Betsy grew up in Eugene, Oregon. After graduating from University of Oregon, she began her professional career with 22 years in the retail industry working as an apparel buyer and store manager for local specialty and department stores. Betsy moved on to Adidas working as