Our team of advisers offers a wide range of experience and backgrounds. All of our advisers are former small business owners and appreciate the complexities and day-to-day challenges of operating a business. Our staff is committed to our community and want to help local businesses grow and thrive.
We are here to help you succeed. Please contact us at (541)956-7494
- Ruth is the Director of the Rogue Community College SBDC, joining the team in 2021. She previously served four years with the Mt. Hood SBDC, where she was Interim Innovation Director leading the statewide Cybersecurity and FranFit programs for the Oregon SBDC network.
- Veronica has lived in the Rogue Valley for almost 30 years. While working for a Fortune 500 company, she helped over twenty dealerships across the country get their dealer and business licenses in working order.
- Tim joined the SBDC team in 2012. He advises businesses on leadership, team building, product research and development, sales and marketing, financial analysis, capital formation and operations. He is also the program coordinator and instructor for the Avista Entrepreneurship Program at Rogue Community College. In 1996, Tim co-founded Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Restaurants, Inc. and helped the company become an industry leader in the specialty casual seafood dining segment.
- Karen is a business adviser and the HR instructor for Rogue SBDC. She advises on pre-venture, start-up, and business operations, and with construction contractors. She also specializes in human resources and workforce matters, from compliance to strategies for attracting and retaining workers.
- Scott’s specializes in manufacturing and real estate industries, complex tax compliance and consultation. He formed a CPA firm in 1997 along with 2 other partners and managed the practice growth to 8 partners and over 40 employees.
- Richard’s small business background began with working as an outside sales rep for a small company that manufactured electronic restaurant equipment, calling on accounts that covered half of the US.
- Dorian has worked with the SBDC since 2010 offering expertise in business finances. He attended Rutgers University at the Stonier Graduate School of Banking. He has been a CEO of three banking institutions in the Pacific Northwest and was instrumental in the formation of two of those banks. Dorian has also operated his own small business that developed a popular rafting water toy.
- Kenny is the Business Development Coordinator for the Illinois Valley Business Entrepreneurial Center at the Rogue Community College Kerby Campus. He has nearly 30 years' experience as a sole proprietor and owner of a variety of small businesses. Kenny has been a project manager and coordinator for several community development projects. Equally comfortable in both the public and private sectors, Kenny brings a unique set of skills and perspectives to the SBDC.
- Deelia has been a member of the SBDC's Advisory Council since 2006. For 25 years, Deelia has been involved in banking in Southern Oregon. Her last position was as the Vice President and Relationship Manager at US Bank - Business Banking in Grants Pass, Oregon. During her banking career, she specialized in business financing, customer relations, and other aspects of commercial banking.