Our team of advisers offers a wide range of experience and backgrounds. All of our advisers are former small business owners and appreciate the complexities and day-to-day challenges of operating a business. Our staff is committed to our community and want to help local businesses grow and thrive.
We are here to help you succeed. Please contact us at (541)956-7494
- Ruth is a small business champion and award-winning marketing and design expert. She has supported entrepreneurs and business growth for more than twenty years. Washington Magazine recognized Ruth for outstanding business marketing.
- Veronica has lived in the Rogue Valley for almost 30 years. While working for a Fortune 500 company, she helped over twenty dealerships across the country get their dealer and business licenses in working order.
- Tim joined the SBDC team in 2012. He advises businesses on leadership, team building, product research and development, sales and marketing, financial analysis, capital formation and operations. He is also the program coordinator and instructor for the Avista Entrepreneurship Program at Rogue Community College. In 1996, Tim co-founded Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Restaurants, Inc. and helped the company become an industry leader in the specialty casual seafood dining segment.
- Dorian has worked with the SBDC since 2010 offering expertise in business finances. He attended Rutgers University at the Stonier Graduate School of Banking. He has been a CEO of three banking institutions in the Pacific Northwest and was instrumental in the formation of two of those banks. Dorian has also operated his own small business that developed a popular rafting water toy.
- Kenny is the Business Development Coordinator for the Illinois Valley Business Entrepreneurial Center at the Rogue Community College Kerby Campus. He has nearly 30 years' experience as a sole proprietor and owner of a variety of small businesses. Kenny has been a project manager and coordinator for several community development projects. Equally comfortable in both the public and private sectors, Kenny brings a unique set of skills and perspectives to the SBDC.
- Deelia has been a member of the SBDC's Advisory Council since 2006. For 25 years, Deelia has been involved in banking in Southern Oregon. Her last position was as the Vice President and Relationship Manager at US Bank - Business Banking in Grants Pass, Oregon. During her banking career, she specialized in business financing, customer relations, and other aspects of commercial banking.