Each of the Southern Oregon University SBDC staff is a longtime business owner. Each team member has years of advising experience, the educational background to bring insight and solid counsel to your business, and a passion to build success. We excel in finance, business operations, finding capital, scaling-up your business/hiring employees, technology and marketing.
- Marshall's first career was with horticulture corporations manufacturing products in an industrial environment. He's spent years working with companies to open facilities, revamp operations as turn-around's to build profitability, and to develop internal operations and processes to produce uniform products. After earning his MBA in
- With a combined 43 years of experience in finance as a commercial lender, property manager, investment advisor and entrepreneur, Genie Gilliam works with the SBDC as an adviser because she believes small businesses are the heart of the Rogue Valley.
- How do your colleagues describe you? “Always willing to help.” Why do you do what you do? “You don’t know what you don’t know and what you don’t know in business may be very damaging. I enjoy sharing my knowledge and experience in order to
- While working in Silicon Valley, she built a successful consulting business providing services to Fortune 500 companies and coaching executives at numerous high tech start-up companies. Since moving to the Rogue Valley she helped build and co-owned a successful computer repair company, worked in senior
- Leo is no stranger to working long hours and building viable operations from small starts. He has three restaurant starts as owner/operator, with profitability as core elements, and successful transitions to new ownership.
- Keeley Kirkendall has more than 20 years experience in commercial real estate, delivering more than $4 billion dollars of debt and equity investments of real estate nationwide. He has extensive experience in affordable housing, managing new acquisitions as well as a $1.2 billion national investment
- Todd is currently a small business owner, serves as a Director and Treasurer for the Special Peoples Depot of Glendale, and is the Director of a nonprofit mentoring organization. He has developed small businesses for more than 25 years, as well as launched, owned and
- Jack has worked with business owners his entire professional career. As an account representative for 3M Corp. and as an independent manufacturers' representative, Jack assisted wholesale distribution businesses to increase market share and manage profits. Since 2006, Jack has applied these experiential skills to the