Helping Latino Small Businesses Grow and Thrive
The Latino Outreach Program utilizes resources and best practices from organizations serving this community by:
- Developing or accessing quality business materials in both Spanish and English
- Understanding culturally competent issues which may have an impact on the way Latino Entrepreneurs conduct business
- Building sustained communication and coordination among service providers
- Providing access to SBDC services in a way that honors and serves this community
The Oregon SBDC Network serves all Oregonians, including those who have traditionally been underrepresented. Recognizing that there are a number of distressed/rural communities in Oregon that have a growing Latino population, we have established a statewide network of support that includes our Spanish speaking advisers, while partnering with organizations that serve Latino business communities.
Services target established Latino-owned or operated businesses with advising to expand business productivity through market research, capital acquisition and strategic planning. Specialized services include counseling about ways to recruit and leverage the unemployed or under-employed Latino workforce.For more information or assistance, email email@example.com or call (541) 896-1652.
- José has owned restaurants for more than 20 years and often works with clients who want to start food-related businesses. He also serves as the SBDC's Veteran liaison, drawing from his own experience in the U.S. Army. Born in Mexico City, José knew by the