Helping Oregon’s Restaurants Survive and Sustain
During the Covid-19 Pandemic
No-cost confidential one-on-one guidance funded through the Cares Act
This rapid response initiative funded through the CARES Act matches restaurant
owners and managers with industry experts, who will provide no-cost confidential
one-on-one guidance and curated webinars on essential issues.
As hundreds of Oregon restaurants struggle to stay afloat in the
wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, the Oregon Small Business Development
Center Network and the Oregon Restaurant & Lodging Association have
launched "Oregon Restaurant Covid Assistance" (ORCA). Guidance
will be provided on these critical topics:
- Marketing and Customer Relations
- Financial Operations and Analysis
- Menu Planning
- Human Resources and Employee Management
- Loyalty Programs
- Online Sales and Take-Out Service
- Site Management and Lease/Landlord Negotiations
- Front/Back of House Operations
- Social Media
- Point of Sale Systems
- Coping with Covid
ORCA's advising services and webinars are provided via Zoom and email
throughout Oregon. For more information or to sign up, email email@example.com
or call (541) 896-1714.
- Greg has 20 years of business development experience. He has founded and operated successful for-profit and non-profit companies in the renewable energy industry where he developed a first-of-its-kind energy forecasting and reporting program.
- Michael has 20+ years of hospitality experience. Before venturing into consulting and contract engagements in 2013, Michael worked with major brands including Wyndham, Marriott International, and Sage Hospitality.
- While currently serving as Membership Representative for Oregon Restaurant & Lodging Association, Terry has been an industry professional with job titles ranging from DMO to President over the course of his 30-year career.
- Leo Hull has over 30 years of experience in the restaurant industry. He has held numerous positions, including dishwasher, bus boy, fine dining waiter, maître d’, general manager, and owner.
- José has owned restaurants for more than 20 years and often works with clients who want to start food-related businesses. He also serves as the SBDC's Veteran liaison, drawing from his own experience in the U.S. Army. Born in Mexico City, José knew by the
- A Portland native, Bruce has worked throughout the US in Hospitality or Retail. Widely recognized as a restaurant industry Subject Matter Expert and leader, Bruce earned a B.S. in Social Science (Psychology) from Portland State University.
- Barry Brown is a fourth-generation restaurateur. He has 40+ years as a nationwide Hospitality Industry expert, specializing in net income, profitability consulting and management training for restaurants and foodservice operations.
- Sam helps SBDC clients with their business plans and social media marketing. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from University of Oregon and a MBA in Entrepreneurship from Babson College. Sam owns two pizzerias in Roseburg, including one that doubles as a
- Roger has business experience with small and large companies, including corporate-level experience with national and international operations. He worked as head of operations for a New England pizza chain with 175 restaurants.
- Since 2011, Leslie has coached and taught business owners on increasing their sales and profitability. She led the growth of the Retail Small Business Management program which has expanded into Retail Business Builders and Restaurant Business Builders. Over the past three years alumni of the