Helping Oregon’s Restaurants Survive and Sustain
During the Covid-19 Pandemic
This rapid response initiative funded through the CARES Act matches restaurant
owners and managers with industry experts, who provide no-cost confidential one-
on-one guidance and curated webinars on essential issues.
As Oregon’s restaurants recover from the Covid-19 pandemic, the Oregon Small
Business Development Center Network (in cooperation with the Oregon Restaurant &
Lodging Association) provides essential guidance and advice with its "Oregon
Restaurant Covid Assistance" program (ORCA). Restaurant industry experts stand
ready to assist with:
- Marketing and Customer Relations
- Financial Operations and Analysis
- Menu Engineering and Recipe Costing
- Human Resources and Employee Management
- Loyalty Programs
- Online Sales and Take-Out Service
- Site Management and Lease/Landlord Negotiations
- Front/Back of House Operations
- Social Media
- Point of Sale Systems
- Outdoor Seating Strategies
RESTAURANT REVITALIZATION FUND and SHUTTERED VENUE OPERATORS
GRANT UPDATE: The American Rescue Plan Act provides $28.6 billion for the
Restaurant Revitalization Fund (RRF) and over $16 billion for the Shuttered Venue
Operators Grant (SVOG). Individual RRF awards will range from $1,000 to $10,000,000
and can be used for debt service, payroll costs, construction of outdoor seating,
supplies, general operating expenses and related purposes. Successful SVOG
applicants can receive an amount equal to 45% of their 2019 gross earned revenue OR $10
million, whichever is less, and can be used for expenses very similar to RRF.
APPLICATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE NOW! Our experts can help determine
which of these Federal grants is best for your business, and help you successfully
navigate the application process!
ORCA's advising services and webinars are provided via Zoom and email
throughout Oregon. For more information or to sign up, email email@example.com
or call (541) 896-1714.
- Greg has 20 years of business development experience. He has founded and operated successful for-profit and non-profit companies in the renewable energy industry where he developed a first-of-its-kind energy forecasting and reporting program.
- Michael has 20+ years of hospitality experience. Before venturing into consulting and contract engagements in 2013, Michael worked with major brands including Wyndham, Marriott International, and Sage Hospitality.
- While currently serving as Membership Representative for Oregon Restaurant & Lodging Association, Terry has been an industry professional with job titles ranging from DMO to President over the course of his 30-year career.
- Leo Hull has over 30 years of experience in the restaurant industry. He has held numerous positions, including dishwasher, bus boy, fine dining waiter, maître d’, general manager, and owner.
- José has owned restaurants for more than 20 years and often works with clients who want to start food-related businesses. He also serves as the SBDC's Veteran liaison, drawing from his own experience in the U.S. Army. Born in Mexico City, José knew by the
- A Portland native, Bruce has worked throughout the US in Hospitality or Retail. Widely recognized as a restaurant industry Subject Matter Expert and leader, Bruce earned a B.S. in Social Science (Psychology) from Portland State University.
- Barry Brown is a fourth-generation restaurateur. He has 40+ years as a nationwide Hospitality Industry expert, specializing in net income, profitability consulting and management training for restaurants and foodservice operations.
- Sam helps SBDC clients with their business plans and social media marketing. He holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from University of Oregon and a MBA in Entrepreneurship from Babson College. Sam owns two pizzerias in Roseburg, including one that doubles as a
- Roger has business experience with small and large companies, including corporate-level experience with national and international operations. He worked as head of operations for a New England pizza chain with 175 restaurants.
- Since 2011, Leslie has coached and taught business owners on increasing their sales and profitability. She led the growth of the Retail Small Business Management program which has expanded into Retail Business Builders and Restaurant Business Builders. Over the past three years alumni of the