Expand into Global Markets with the Oregon SBDC Global Trade Center
Expand your business into global markets with the Oregon SBDC’s Global Trade Center. Oregon small businesses seek to secure international markets and business opportunities in an increasingly global economy. Reports show that Oregon’s exports soared 19%, approaching $30 billion, in 2021.
Expanding can be an intimidating process for any business. The Global Trade Center’s specialized advisers help small businesses engage in international trade through our 20 regional Centers statewide at no cost.
Local advisers and business owners work with a Certified Global Business Professional (CGBP) credentialed adviser. Together, they assist clients in determining the best path forward for developing international markets and help to demystify the process of finding and realizing new opportunities abroad.
- Want to sell your products to customers outside the U.S.?
- Need to import products from your global supply chain?
Trade assistance can help you assess your company’s readiness to expand. It can also help you plan toward export success, find the right markets, and export your products. Assistance is also available for importing and global supply chain management.
How We Can Help
- Working with a trade adviser, you can assess your company’s readiness, create an export plan with the “Export Business Planner” tool, learn the benefits and trade-offs of reaching global customers, and understand how to get paid.
- Receive one-on-one trade-specific business advising at no cost from the Oregon SBDC Global Trade Center’s team of Certified Global Business Professionals.
- Access specialized training programs to develop your export readiness, such as Buying and Selling Outside the United States and CGBP Exam Prep Training.
- Get support from a powerful support network of global trade partners such as the Small Business Administration, U.S. Export Assistance Center, U.S. Commercial Service, Business Oregon, and the Port of Portland.
Selling to customers outside the U.S. may help to diversify your company’s revenue and fortify your company for increased resilience. Many companies view exporting as a natural extension of their sales channel.
Since its inception in 2017, the Global Trade Center has helped 449 clients to access vital international trade resources. Businesses work with the Oregon SBDC Network’s various stakeholders, partners, and trade agencies in an inclusive and comprehensive process to create consistent communication and develop actionable plans while accessing trade-specific resources and education.
Businesses in Oregon may be eligible for the SBA STEP grant program. Click here to access upcoming events.