If you’re a business owner looking to protect your invention through trademarking or patent protection, the Oregon SBDC can help. Our knowledgeable advisers can help you identify when a trademark or patent may be needed and offer support through resources from the United States Patent and Trademark (USPTO).
Assistance Applying for Federal Research & Development Grants
Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) are competitive federal grant programs that award funding to small businesses that engage in research and development and have potential to commercialize new technologies. Through our partnership with VertueLab, we help bring innovative concepts to the marketplace.
Assistance with Grant Proposals
- Advice and assistance to qualified businesses in preparing and meeting the rigorous requirements of SBIR or STTR proposals
- Editing of draft and final proposals for completeness, professional presentation and other critical factors
To be eligible, companies must have these qualifications:
- Ideas and concepts that address the needs identified in one or more SBIR/STTR solicitations from federal agencies
- The skills and experience to fulfill SBIR/STTR solicitation requirements
- Plans and capacities to commercialize technologies resulting from SBIR/STTR awards